Eligibility criteria for applicants
CanFaster, Cofunded by EU, is a four-year doctoral program, within cancer research and entrepreneurship. The goal is to faster forward the discoveries in cancer research, to speed up the time from discovery to clinical practice.
The candidates will undertake a comprehensive training programme, that includes courses in entrepreneurship, innovation processes, as well as education in clinical aspects of cancer and attend seminar series at the business incubator. Team activities will ensure the development of a network that lasts beyond the programme, and that helps to boost the future career.
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled:
- The program is opened for any citizens of any nationality
- In agreement with the Horizon 2020: 2016-2017 Work Programme for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, applicants to CanFaster must be Early Stage Researchers (ESR), ESR shall, at the date of the deadline of the co-funded programme's call, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree“.
- A person meets the general admission requirements for third-cycle courses and study programmes if he or she:
- has been awarded a second-cycle qualification, or
- has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second cycle, or
- has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad
- Applicants must fulfil the transnational mobility rules set by H2020 program-
- The candidates can not have stayed in Sweden for more then 12 Months within the 3 years immediately before the call deadline.
- Each research subject or project can have additional requirements
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English, a TOEFL score of at least 550, with no less than 213 points on the computer based test and no less than 79 on the internet-based one. An IELTS test, in which the "Academic Module" must be completed with at least 6.5 as a result and with no section scoring less than 5.0.
- To qualify for this third cycle program the applicant must have performed an independent research project
The selection for third-cycle studies is based on the student’s potential to profit from such studies. The assessment of potential is made primarily on the basis of academic results from the first and second cycle. Special attention is paid to the following:
- Knowledge and skills relevant to the thesis project and the subject of study
- An assessment of ability to work independently and to formulate and tackle research problems
- Written and oral communication skills
- Other experience relevant to the third-cycle studies, e.g. professional experience such as good collaborative skills, drive and independence
Instructions on how to apply, (web based application platform will open shortly)
Applications shall be written in English and include a cover letter stating the reasons why you are interested in the position and in what way the research project corresponds to your interests and educational background. The application must also contain a CV, degree certificate or equivalent, and other documents you wish to be considered.
- Scanned copies of the complete (Bachelor and Master equivalent) and official academic transcripts in English
- References: Two reference letters written in the template found at www.canfaster.se.
- The form should be sent to email@example.com with the subject Referee form and name of the applicant before the 17th of November 2017.
- Scanned copy of standardized test results (GRE, TOEFL, etc.).
- All required application material, including letters of reference, must be complete and submitted by deadline in order for the application to be considered. Documents written in other languages must be translated into English by an authorised translator.
- You will be asked to prioritise your top 3 research projects, and inform us if you are interested to be offered another position than one of your top three.
- You will be asked to answer a number of evaluation questions when submitting the application.
Selected candidates must start their PhD at the latest on 1 July 2018. The duration of an EPFLinnovators scholarships is 48 months (4 years) and cannot be prolonged. Employment after the initially granted time must be financed from other sources.